Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Marlborough holidays - Slow-paced, serene and luscious
Marlborough is home to world-class wineries and the startling aquatic beauty of the Marlborough Sounds. The golden days and charming landscape offer the perfect combination for scenic walks and outdoor adventures. A destination that delights year-round, this is a region designed to be explored at a gentle pace, and is a must for those exploring the South Island.
The perfect place for wine aficionados to see and be seen
Known unofficially as the wine capital of New Zealand, the region boasts more than 50 wineries in the surrounding area. Unsurprisingly you can enjoy some of New Zealand’s best wine tours here, making it a must-see destination for aficionados.
The Marlborough Sounds are the star attraction. Fabulous yachting excursions, kayaking trips and dolphin watching are the orders of the day with a gorgeous set of sparkling seascapes. Conquer the Queen Charlotte Track and spend a few hours on the mellow water for a truly unforgettable experience.
Cute and picturesque, Blenheim is the largest town in the region. It’s one of New Zealand’s sunniest spots and enjoys a luscious emerald-green backdrop of the famous vineyards.
Why visit Marlborough?
- Sample the cobalt blue scenery of the Marlborough Sounds – go kayaking or yachting to truly appreciate the charms of the place
- Tour one of the many vineyards that the region was built on. The unique conditions of sunny days and cool nights provide the optimal conditions for growing grapes – sample the goodness
- Visit Blenheim, it’s one of New Zealand’s sunniest towns, famed for the slow-pace of life and the friendly atmosphere
- Lake Grassmere is haven for birdwatching and one of New Zealand’s unique sights; piles of salt created by the sun evaporating seawater
- The whole of Marlborough is brilliant for outdoor adventurers – whether you’re into kayaking, hiking, yachting or cycling, the scenery offers jaw-dropping views as you explore