Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
When booking or preparing to travel, it is essential that you keep up-to-date with the latest advice from The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre by visiting the government’s Travel Aware page.
As the advice can change regularly, it is the customer’s responsibility to check the pages prior to booking, and to check regularly prior to travel.
Advice from The Foreign & Commonwealth Office includes*:
- Ensure you take out the appropriate travel insurance before travelling, and check that it covers for all your chosen activities.
- Check your passport is valid, and also fill out the emergency details and keep it in a safe place while travelling.
- Ensure you have all the necessary visas for the countries you’re visiting, and allow plenty of time to apply for them. They will be linked to your passport so ensure your passport is valid for your travel dates prior to applying for your visas
- You can learn about the laws, visas, customs and entry requirements for your chosen destination by checking the government’s foreign travel advice.
- Ensure you complete the FCO return home form 24 hours before returning to the UK
- Make copies of your important travel documents and store them securely using a secure data storage site.
- Give emergency contact details to your family or friends and tell them about your travel plans.
- Ensure you’ve received all the necessary vaccinations and medical requirements for the country you’re visiting. You can find medical advice here.
- Take enough money with you, including making sure you have access to emergency funds.
- Educate yourself in what consular staff can and cannot do to help British nationals travelling overseas by checking here.
- You must hold a return or onward ticket and be able to present proof of this at the immigration desk on arrival in each country you visit.
- Unless transitting a destination you must provide details of the address for the first night of your stay and have your travel itinerary available on request
*Please remember that it is the customer’s responsibility to check the government’s travel advice regularly and thoroughly prior to travel.
Please note that currently the New Zealand Government have introduced a temporary border closure for travellers.
You don’t need a visa to enter New Zealand as a visitor for up to six months, but you will need to get a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) prior to travelling. Please allow up to 72 hours for processing.
Please ensure you have an onward ticket and sufficient funds to support you during your stay in New Zealand. You can check the full criteria for travel on the New Zealand immigration website.
Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of three months from the date of exit from New Zealand.
The Covid-19 virus has affected many countries around the world to differing degrees, but has caused a general shut down of travel around the globe whilst all countries take control of the affects. We are delighted to see that many countries are satisfied they have controlled the spread of the virus to such an extent they are allowing travel to commence once again.
We continue to work with both the UK and Irish Governments along with a variety of trade bodies with their individual travel advice to ensure we look after your safety and wellbeing. Our team are briefed and up to date with these matters should you need any up to date advice. This does continue to be a dynamic situation and travel advisories are changing daily.
New Customer Bookings
We are very much open for new bookings and have a team set up ready to assist you.
Our team are well briefed on the current travel advisories so will be in a position to let you know if your preferred travel dates for your chosen destination are on sale.
We do not have a specific Covid-19 policy in place for new bookings as our standard terms of travel allow for full flexibility and free changes to customers bookings at any stage (subject to partners terms if prepayments made which we would discuss with you on booking).
We have seen through this pandemic, certain airlines offering less flexibility to change existing bookings than others. Due to this we are not recommending to any of our valued customers to book the cheapest fares available that require immediate ticketing and payment. These tend to lock you into the airline’s terms immediately. Should you have any reason for change in the future, no matter if Covid related or any other reason, you may find there is a lack of flexibility with these partners. In addition to this, as many airlines are still uncertain on their final schedules and frequencies after they resume, we are not recommending any flights be provisionally booked ahead of the firm schedules that are currently in place – normally 11 months forward of today’s date.
Existing Customers Bookings
Most of our holidays can operate as planned from July onwards.
If you wish to travel, then you will need to settle your balance when it falls due to allow us to complete the prepayment of all suppliers to facilitate your travel arrangements. Normal booking conditions will apply.
In some cases, we may have to make some minor changes to your holiday to facilitate your travel if for any reason we are unhappy with any element of your trip in the current climate, or there is a need to change to allow you to travel as planned such as a change in airline if a schedule has changed from your originally planned dates. We will of course discuss any of these with you in detail.
If for any reason your travel cannot go ahead as planned, we will contact you as soon as we know to let you know why and what alternatives we can offer. As this is such a dynamic situation, this may be very close to your departure date.
If you do not wish to travel, we have a Covid-19 policy in place as detailed.
Travel up to 30 September 2020
If you do not wish to travel and you give us advanced warning, preferably at least 10 weeks prior to your planned travel dates, we will be able to offer you a variety of flexible arrangements. We are offering flexibility to all our customers (subject to transport restrictions) to defer trips to a later date or offer Credit Notes to use to rebook, valid for up to 5 years. Some Credit Notes will be tied into transport providers if their terms dictate certain re-booking criteria.
Travel after 1 October 2020
We have no specific Covid-19 policy in place for this. Our standard terms apply. Our standard terms do allow flexibility in travel arrangement so if you would like to change your dates or destination then please just let us know and we will deal with this as we would always do. Changes will not incur any admin fees, but may be subject to price changes depending on your chosen holiday or travel dates. These will be discussed with you at the time.
Our telephone lines remain exceptionally busy at this time as we are still assisting many thousands of customers in re-arranging travel dates for their holidays, so please be patient with our staff who continue to work flat out to assist. You may prefer to contact us by e-mail and we will call you back as quickly as we can.