Fusing a laid-back ambience with native forests and perfect beaches, the Coromandel Peninsula may not be one of the most visited regions on the North Island but it is certainly one of the most beautiful. Read more...
Top 5 things to do in Coromandel Peninsula
- Spot more than 100 migratory bird species around the edge of the Firth of Thames
- Visit the historic towns of Thames and Coromandel, once the scene of a gold rush
- Visit the beach town of Whitianga - an excellent base for explorations of the Mercury Bay area
- Visit the Ohinimuri River which runs through Karangahake Gorge on State Highway 2
- Stay in the lively town of Whangamata