Half Board from £1,096 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- No credit card fees for Visa and Mastercard
Having already garnered a reputation for being one of the top boutique retreats in the world, Huka Lodge is a true luxury. The generous hospitality, elegant décor and thoughtful details have transformed this lodge into one of the most iconic properties in New Zealand. Bordering the Wairakei Park Reserve, the lodge itself plays host to charming suites and cottages, as well as a pool complex, spa and beauty facilities and recreational activities. The main lodge serves up a selection of expertly crafted meals each day which are inspired by local ingredients and seasonal produce. Thanks to its great location, discerning travellers looking to explore the area will find themselves in a prime position for making the most of excursions and tours too.
Set amongst 17 acres of manicured gardens by the banks of the Waikato River, the lodge boasts a tranquil and secluded atmosphere. Located in central Taupo, it is surrounded by snow-capped peaks, rolling hillsides and breath-taking wilderness scenery.
The lodge provides 18 rooms, each with beautiful surroundings and views.
Each room features:
- En-suite bathroom
- Dressing room
- Tea/Coffee making facilities with freshly baked biscuits
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Junior Lodge Suites – Designed to blend seamlessly with the stunning scenery, these suites are spacious and offer gorgeous views of the tranquil landscape
- The Owner’s Cottage – A true retreat, The Cottage sits on an elevated peninsula overlooking the Waikato River; it features a living room, four bedrooms with bathrooms, kitchen, The Den with TV, computer and fireplace, and an outdoor deck area with a cantilevered infinity pool
- Alan Pye Cottage – Sitting above manicured gardens, this cottage features a living and dining room, two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, kitchen, study, an heated infinity-style pool and separate spa pool, and a courtyard with fireplace
Meals are served in the main lodge, with the varied and extensive menus based around seasonal, local produce. Huka Lodge also has a wine cellar, boasting an eclectic selection of wines from around the world. There is the option for private dining in a range of locations within the grounds, as well as casual dining in the autumn and winter months.
- Spa and beauty treatments, including massages, facials and hair styling
- Pool complex including one swimming pool and two spa pools
- Mountain bikes and helmets
- Gift shop
- Tours and excursions
The lodge offers a ‘Family Time’ package, with fun activities for kids and adults alike, as well as the opportunity for parents to enjoy a romantic dinner during their stay too. The Lodge Suite and the private cottages are great for families, with plenty of space for a comfortable stay.
- Babysitting available upon request