Room Only from £134 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
A luxury boutique property in a tranquil and cultural part of Christchurch, The George is comfortable, inviting and offers a personal touch. The views of Hagley Park make this one of the most scenic and peaceful properties in the city, and the nearby attractions ensure that visitors will have plenty of sightseeing opportunities during their stay. The elegant décor and contemporary furnishings create a stylish and luxurious feel to this hotel, serving as the ideal base for your Christchurch holiday.
The George is located overlooking Hagley Park and the Avon River, within easy reach of Christchurch’s cultural attractions. Points of interest around the hotel include the Botanic Gardens, Canterbury Museum and the Restart Mall.
- The hotel is just 15 minutes from the airport
The hotel has 53 rooms.
Each room features:
- Air conditioning
- En-suite bathroom with bathrobes and
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- In-room safe
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and Broadband
- 24hr room service
- Executive Room – Spacious rooms with park or garden views and comfortable furnishings
- Premium Executive Room – Contemporary rooms with sophisticated décor, king-sized beds and a 42” TV; some rooms have balconies or picture windows
- Junior Suite – Set on the fourth floor, these suites are peaceful and relaxing, with a spacious bathroom with separate bath and shower, living area and 46” TV
- The Residence – Set in a private setting, these suites are contained in The Residence beside the hotel, with a separate lounge, marble bathroom with shower and spa bath, extensive minibar, kitchen, separate private dining room and French doors leading to a quaint English garden
- Park Suites – Sleek suites with panoramic views of Hagley Park and the Avon River, large separate bedroom with a Californian king bed, lounge with 46” TV, Bose entertainment system, spacious en-suite bathrooms with heated floors and spa bath and bespoke gas fireplaces in some rooms; some suites also have balconies
- Pescatore – Offering panoramic views of Hagley Park, this restaurant provides a great menu of modern New Zealand cuisine, fusing classic dishes and contemporary cooking techniques; open 6pm-late Tues-Sat
- 50 Bistro – Stylish restaurant and bar serving a varied menu, hot beverages, cocktails and bar snacks; open 6.30am-10pm
The hotel offers children’s menus in the restaurants, as well as The Residence which features two luxury suites, making it ideal for families.